Thursday, June 17, 2010

Acer AL1916 Display

The Acer AL1916 display I bought with my media center computer has given me very good service -- until the 3-year warranty expired. Then. it started developing an "artifact" at the top right corner of the screen in the shape of a green and black cloud with an incipient tornado hanging from the bottom.

The artifact seems to reside on the outer layer of the display, so that the cursor slides under it and it is possible to click on the barely visible windows control buttons. However, the artifact is slowly growing, and will eventually degrade the quality of the display to the point of being unusable. Aside from being a nuisance, this problem is one you'd think the folks at Acer would be eager to learn about.

However, now that the 3-year warranty is up, I can find no way of reporting this problem to Acer. I heve tried several approaches, phone and email, to no avail. I could, of course, spend $30 or so for a 30-minute support call, but what could they possibly tell me that would be helpful? I am the one trying to give them informaton! Frustration!!

No comments:

Post a Comment