Thursday, August 19, 2010

End of Useful Life

I have been using the same Canon flatbed scanner for several years now. It has always been a totally reliable piece of equipment,  It just sits there quietly, minding its own business, until I insert something to be scanned and go to Paperport to complete the scan.

Now I am told I cannot get a new driver for this scanner, for Windows XP, because the equipment has been deemed to have reached the end of its useful life. 

I just hope to God I don't get a letter from Medicare telling me I've reached the end of my useful life!

1 comment:

  1. Good News! Despite all the dire warnings that my scanner had reached the end of its useful life, I was able after several attemts to download a driver that works with Windows XP. After re-installing my OmniScan software, the scanner works fine. One up for the old fogies!!!

    ReplyDelete